Decoustics Solo Acoustical Wood Plank
Natural wood acoustic panels
Solo offers an acoustic wood plank product with a natural wood veneer finish, allowing for soundproofing in both ceiling and wall applications.
- Impressive sound control qualities
- Available unfinished, or prefinished with stain, lacquer or custom stains to match other finishes
- RAL 9010 White readily available, with possibility to be painted to match most RAL standard colours
- Modififying subsrate thickness allows for different absorption characteristics to be achieved
- Planks can be cut using traditional woodworking tools
Decoustic's perforation technology helps achieve superior acoustic performance: while the open area of the Solo panels is only around 6%, the V-grooves of the perforation create a two-sided funnel, allowing sound absorption from multiple angles, allowing energy absorption across a broader area.
The Solo plank consists of a medium density, no added formaldehyde, fire rated fiberboard 9MDF, with a natural wood veneer laminated to the face, and an acoustically transparent black fleece lamination to the back (which prevents insulation colour from reading through). Custom designs can be achieved by curving or segmenting the planks.